Senior New Product Industrial Manager
Senior New Product Industrial Manager Description: Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
Senior New Product Industrial Manager Summary:
The Senior New Product Industrial Manager will be responsible for the connection and interface between Engineering, Supply Chain and Partner / Customer facing organizations focused on product / manufacturing readiness, execution and delivery.
Senior New Product Industrial Manager Job Responsibility
Prime interface with Engineering on development and demonstrator programs. Define and execute roles, responsibilities and processes to achieve overall program goals on cost and to schedule. Focal for all aspects of program communication and reviews with Supply Chain leadership. Participates in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions. Develops the year plan for of the larger unit. Presents product/program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leads within the business. Complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side and internally. Responsibilities include the following:
• Customer coordination:
• Industrial Rate readiness preparation and presentation (quarterly) Includes IQR and MRM.
• Support monthly S&OP reviews with partner / customer and MRAS feedback.
• Weekly LOB preparation and presentation with partner / customer including recovery plan reporting and follow-up where needed.
• Repair activity coordination at any partner / customer site inclusive of MRAS repair team management and material processing.
• Focal point for monthly partner / customer visitations, cover actions and maintain action item list
• Direct counterpart to partner and customer industrial lead including daily interface calls.
• Inventory reconciliation support and involvement with partner / customer
• Internal coordinator for:
• Product manufacturing, completion and shipping
• Purchase order analysis received from Partner / customer, including evaluation and recommendation for its acceptance
• Program interface with MRAS sourcing and suppliers in support of LOB/IQR
• Participate in capacity planning and rate readiness
• Concession support and change board representation
Senior New Product Industrial Manager Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 10 years of relevant industrial experience. Excellent interpersonal and proven leadership/management skills. Strong oral and written communication skills throughout all levels of the organization internally and externally. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems while effectively escalating when necessary. Established project management skills with ability to lead cross functional programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute key initiatives and programs. Ability to travel both domestically and international.
Senior New Product Industrial Manager Preferred Qualifications
• Similar experience in Aviation / Aerospace industry
• Manufacturing or Industrial engineering background
• Prior experience on development or new product startup