Senior Design Engineer- Nacelles Integration
Description: Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
Senior Design Engineer Summary:
In this role, you will lead the establishment of expertise in designing and integrating Nacelle systems, particularly Engine Build Up (EBU). The EBU links the engine to the airframe via hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, electrical, fire detection, and anti-ice valve systems.
Senior Design Engineer Essential Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and technical direction to ensure that EBU systems and components meet technical and program requirements in accordance with business standards, practices, and procedures.
• Serve as the subject matter expert for the design and analysis for all system components, including ducts, tubes, brackets, valves, harnesses, etc.
• Define and develop product processes related to design, analysis, test, materials, manufacture, quality and/or productivity.
• Lead technical team in performing Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations on events occurring in fleet of fielded hardware.
• Effectively communicate with the engineering program manager to:
o Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization.
o Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements.
o Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
• Participate in technical reviews and provide counsel to team on design practices and standards.
• Review and approve engineering change packages, including part definition and change substantiation.
• Provide technical inputs to cost out projects and associated reviews.
. Requirements: Senior Design Engineer Qualifications/Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university or college with 5-8 years experience in an engineering position related to the design of hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, electrical, fire detection systems, and/or valve systems.
Senior Design Engineer Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.