Description: Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
Responsible for managing all aspects of Production Planning for designated program(s)
• Planning, scheduling, releasing and closing work orders and purchase requisitions
• Identifying and resolving issues to ensure production continuity and adherence to customer delivery schedules
• Collaborating/communicating with Production, Sourcing, Quality, Programs and other departments
• Participating in relevant program and change board meetings
• Supporting yearly Physical Inventory, evaluating excess/obsolete materials
• Expediting hot parts from dock through receiving/inspection to floor
. Requirements: • Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college strongly preferred; however, substantial relevant experience may be taken into consideration as a substitute.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Production Planning
• MRP/ERP business system experience is required (Oracle or SAP preferred)
• Strong preference will be given to candidates holding APICS certification (CPIM)
• Proactive, analytical troubleshooter/problem-solver
• Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
• Thrives on the challenge of a fast-paced, stressful environment
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated multi-tasker
• Works well both independently and with teams
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.