Lead Commodity Management Specialist
Description: Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverses (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
ST Engineering Aerospace Middle River Aerostructure Systems, LLC. is looking for an experienced commodity buyer to manage dedicated suppliers to achieve the best contractual conditions, pricing, terms & delivery, while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. In this role you will manage the entire supplier relationship, from RFP through contract award and fulfillment execution.
As the Lead Commodity Management Specialist, you will manage the entire life cycle of the supplier relationship which include the following:
• Bidder list development, RFQ, bid analysis, down select, negotiations, Deal Review preparation & presentation, Contract award, bid process documentation, PO release and Fulfillment.
• Manage source-controlled commodities.
• OTD & Quality metrics.
• Delivery status & commitments.
• Drive MRB documentation between the supplier and internal parties.
• recovery planning & execution.
• Define, present & administer supplier strategy to ensure best overall value is obtained, including consistent delivery to schedule & quality requirements.
• Lead negotiations ranging from Long Term Agreements to individual Purchase Orders.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, ensuring proper Sourcing and Legal approvals are obtained.
• Manage and lead claim negotiations and special projects as required.
• Monitor engineering change activity & ensure any supplier impacts that could affect the timely support of production & program cost targets is considered & properly vetted prior to acceptance of the change, such as: contract terms; price; inventory; WIP; capability; capacity; and lead times.
• Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for procurement requirements, incorporating cost-out, value-add and simplification opportunities from the supply base
• Communicate and coordinate activities as required cross-functionally, including Planning, Engineering, Quality, Programs, Finance, Legal and Manufacturing.
• Presents to senior leaders in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy.
• Assists in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practices.
• Advise Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within supply base.
• Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger project(s).
. Requirements: Bachelors degree from an accredited university (Supply Chain, Contracts or Business degree is preferred),
• Min. 5 years of experience in Commodity Management, Sourcing, Supply-chain, Procurement or Contracts.
• Strategic sourcing experience including RFPs, supplier selection, contract negotiations & management, etc.
• Knowledge in sourcing machined, sheet metal, and composites details.
• Contracts experience and expertise.
• Experience with source-controlled products.
• Willingness to travel.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Critical self-thinker and strong problem-solving skills & ability to operate independently.
• Strong Excel skills and other Microsoft Office tools.
• Familiar with ERP systems (Oracle and/or SAP desired) and SRMs.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Effective leadership skills.
• Aerospace industry experience preferred.
• Strong Project Management experience preferred.