Floating Assistant Teacher – Open to All Age Groups
Job Code: 11346
School Brand: Carrington Academy
School State: VA
We are currently looking for a caring and energetic Assistant Teacher who has a passion for working with children of all ages and enjoys a position that offers variety, where no two days are the same. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to providing the best education and care to our students and work collaboratively with our team of Teachers and Assistant Teachers.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- Open to working with multiple age groups from 3 years - School Age based on the needs of the school that day.
- Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Assist the Lead Teacher to create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, and assess developmental needs of students.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Communicate positively with students, parents and staff.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma (equivalent GED) required.
- Currently enrolled or willing to complete Early Childhood Education units within one year of employment. Two-year degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher. Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position.
- Previous experience in a licensed preschool or early development center.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
BENEFITS FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES:
- Competitive pay.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available.
- A 401(k) plan with matching employer contributions.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Childcare tuition discounts.
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care.
- Educational assistance.
- Paid professional development days.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*