Customer Support Manager
Description: Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Marylands Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
• Own the Customer/Nacelles Product Support relationship for assigned region/airlines.
• Be the Voice of the Customer back to the business.
• Lead the Nacelles Customer Team (Field Service and Sales support) of the assigned regions Nacelles EIS preparation and operational revenue service support
• Communicate and collaborate with all functions to effectively drive customer satisfaction
• Manage Concession requests and contractual agreements (for example: Airbus SSC, GTA, PSA) for assigned airlines
• Provide communication to the business regarding all applicable Nacelles activities/problems, customer issues and trends through complete, accurate, and timely reports. Reporting also includes significant marketing intelligence and sales opportunities.
• Responsible for knowledge of assigned region and airlines, product line, and the associated
configuration installations; represents the Nacelles program in front of the airlines
• Proactively identify commercial opportunities and lead the Customer Team to drive opportunities closure
• Maintain awareness of program and project changes and communicate to the airlines and the partnership
. Requirements: • Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• At least 5 years of experience in an engineering, operations or aviation support position. Aviation Customer Support/Sales relationship experience preferred.
• Fluent in English. Additional fluency in languages for assigned regions preferred.
• Must be willing to travel
• Strong oral, written communication skills, excellent customer relationship building skills, strong interpersonal and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems; ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Demonstrated understanding of the financial/commercial impact of field campaign or technical solutions
• Ability to make formal presentations to all levels of the organization, customers and peers
• Able to work with all functions such as supply chain, programs, engineering, and sales to drive customer solutions
• Demonstrated use of project management skills and metrics to achieve program goals
• Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and influence customer and peers
• Ability to work across global teams
• Significant experience with customers and airline operational organizations.
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.