Assistant Toddler Teacher
Job Code: 11496
School Brand: Chesterbrook Academy
School State: VA
We are currently looking for an energetic and caring Assistant Toddler Teacher to join our team!
If you have a passion for being a part of a toddler's developmental growth in a collaborative and cooperative environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Lead Teacher Responsibilities
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday, year-round.
- Assist Lead Teacher in implementing age-appropriate lesson plans and activities to develop the toddlers' cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
- Provide a safe, clean and loving environment where children are free to learn and explore the world around them.
- Change diapers as needed and encourage independent toileting.
- Assist Lead Teacher in providing parents with daily updates via our communication app, Tadpoles.
- Proactively adhere to state regulated toddler care procedures.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience as an Early Childhood Assistant Teacher in a licensed preschool or early development center is a plus, but not required.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, bend and lift small children throughout the day.
- Provide clear and professional oral, written and verbal communication.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*